sábado, 16 de outubro de 2010

Old Schinus / Valley Queen / Golden Plaything

(The Friday Night Itinerant Itinerary)

Three cachacas firmly struck off the list last Friday night. All of them beauties. Naturally, I put such unerringly fine choices down to my exquisitely good taste.

Field Marshall Mack and I were joined by a Bavarian colleague, Frederick (sic), who is here on short release from the Dublin office.

Frederick has a dark, quasi-Morrissey quiff and a sharp nose that points downwards at a very acute angle. I found him to be an agreeable chap with a refreshingly modest and intelligent manner, quick to make keen observations and, more importantly, happy to join us in our spiritual sugar cane quest. The night's drinking took in the following:

Velha Aroeira
Rainha do Vale
Brinco de Ouro

Each of the above punctuated with multiple glasses of ice cold creamy pilsner served by my favourite waiters in my favourite bar (until now) in all Sao Paulo .

Frederick, who had never before experienced the wonder of pure cachaca, remarked on a family resemblance with his native schnapps which, in my opinion, is merely superficial. I would concede that they are both alcoholic beverages, yes.

Much to our surprise, later in the evening he went on to allege that schnapps is currently illegal in the Republic of Ireland. This demands corroboration as I believe his regular judgement had been severely compromised by a combination of jet lag and intoxication.

I myself got so drunk that alas I am unfit to write a just review of the three aforementioned cachacas. I'm noting them here, however, as a reminder to myself.

Note to self: these cachacas are all of fine quality and are more than worthy of further in depth analyses, perhaps even warranting purchase for future consumption in domicile.

Field Marshall is, as I write this, on her way to India. Which means I am alone until mid November. This will undoubtedly yield some more cachaca reviews and some more home recording.

Adeus amigos/as.
Oh, and flickr is go!

Nenhum comentário: